• Potentially preventable hospital acquired complications were associated with increased risks of dying while hospitalized or within 90 days of discharge, as well as with a greater likelihood of staying longer in the hospital and needing to be...
21-Apr-2017 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• Researchers have developed a risk calculator that estimates the risk of kidney failure after donation.
• Overall risk was quite low, but black race and male sex were associated with increased risks of developing kidney failure in living...
24-Apr-2017 1:05 PM EDT Add to Favorites
• Most nephrology fellows rated overall quality of teaching in fellowships as either “good” or “excellent,” and over half of second-year fellows felt “fully prepared” for independent practice.
• Fellows indicated a desire for more...
14-Apr-2017 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• In 2013, reduced kidney function was associated with 4% of deaths worldwide, or 2.2 million deaths.
• More than half of these deaths were cardiovascular deaths.
7-Apr-2017 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
In patients with chronic kidney disease, low urine ammonium excretion identified individuals at high risk of kidney disease progression or death.
31-Mar-2017 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• Among deceased donor kidney transplant recipients, those who were >30 kg (66 pounds) heavier than the donor had a 28% higher risk of transplant failure compared with equally weighted donors and recipients.
• If the kidney was from a smaller...
24-Mar-2017 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
ASN and AAKP Advocates are on Capitol Hill Urging Congress to Support Kidney Disease Research and the Living Donor Protection Act
Advocates from the American Society of Nephrology (ASN) and the American Association of Kidney Patients (AAKP) are meeting with Representatives, Senators, and their respective staffs today to urge Congress to continue its historic support of...
28-Mar-2017 11:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites
• Colonoscopies are being performed more often on healthier dialysis patients than on those with more limited life expectancies; however, overall, dialysis patients are being screened at a much higher rate relative to their life expectancy than...
17-Mar-2017 9:00 AM EDT Add to Favorites